The OBS Studio is a software that’s compatible with several operating systems like Windows, Mac and Linux. It’s developed with the C and C++ language and is used for recording and broadcasting content. With a simple interface that has four basic categories, the software is one of the easiest to understand and use. The best way to download OBS Studio is using their official website.
The major categories in OBS Studio are Scene, Sources, Audio mixer as well as Transitions and Controls that perform different functions to make the software work. Scenes have recorded video and audio together with text while transition and controls can begin or end a stream as well as make the OBS look like a professional studio. The mixer is for regulating the volume and using different effects. Sources can help with the necessary editing required.
How to add stream overlay to OBS Studio?
1. Start by installing the open broadcast software in your machine. You can easily download the software from the internet before following the step-by-step guide for installation. The process is very simple with instructions that are easy to understand and only takes a few minutes. All you have to do is choose the features you want by clicking on them before clicking next.
2. The next step is to add a scene if it doesn’t open automatically. In most cases, the software creates a scene whenever you open it but in some cases, it might not be there. In rare occasion that’s it’s not there, right click on “scene box”, or the “+”. You will have a variety of scenes to choose from. Enter a name for your scene.
3. Once you have the scene that’s most suitable for you, the next step involves adding an overlay image. Click on “sources” to open it then right click the next window that pops up. Click on “add” then select “image” from the drop down window that comes up. You can also click on “+” to get the drop down menu. Enter a name in the pop window that comes up before clicking on the “browse” button. This opens a set of overlay options for you to choose from. Pick the one you want then select “ok”.
4. A new window opens up to allow you to move your image to the OBS. Click on “browse” once again then search for the folder that’s containing your overlay. Select your image then click “ok”.
5. The final step involves resetting the overlay to fit perfectly on your screen. Start by clicking on the “edit scene” button then select the overlay you had previously chosen. Right click on the image to get another pop up window that has a variety of options on how you can edit the overlay. Depending on what you need, whether it’s to reposition it or reduce its size, select the options that will help you get the result. For repositioning, you can click on the image and drag it to the right place. Another option for editing your image would be to click on “sources” then right clicking the image name. This gives you a drop down window that you can use to select “edit source” then following the same steps above.
In case you don’t see your overlay even after editing, check on the source button again to make sure there isn’t another window blocking it. This is usually the common reason why people experience such problems. To get best results, it’s advisable to save the overlay image as a .png file without any background. This makes it a lot easier for you when you finally add it to the OBS. If the image is in another file format, you can convert it using adobe Photoshop.
How to add custom fonts to OBS?
Those who choose to purchase the overlays separately may have to integrate fonts with the OBS. To do this, start by opening the software then installing fonts from your computer system. Open the folder that contains fonts, click on “all fonts” then right click the context menu. This will give you the “install” option that you have to click on. The next step is to bring the overlay to the OBS. Click on “scene selection” then “import” before selecting the name of your overlay file. In some cases, you may have to click on “sources” to get more options such as the “overlay layer” that will lead to the overlay file. Once you get to the file just click on it to bring it to the OBS. The OBS is very user friendly and can be modified according to the user’s wishes.